Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Matthew 10:29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care.

When I live, I live always watched by someone immensly greater than I am. I have tried to picture it here. Compared to God I am such a small entity. It is a miracle that he cares. That he is watching. Have you read: "Big brother is watching you?" There is someone watching us all. And weighting every word, every geste, every thought. Not to speak of bold actions or shameful dealings. He knows. Always.
Sometimes it seems like I expect him to understand, like the dog still wags his tail even when I come home too late. To always be on my side. He is. But in his own way. That includes sometimes not liking what he sees.
If what I do would be seen by the one person I love most or fear most, would I still be o.k with it? If everybody knew, as everybody will know, what my life is made of, will I still be proud and think it a good thing?
I often try to stay in that thought when I need to make a decision. If I looked into the eyes of the world, of God, of all those I love, would I still want to be known for having done this? For having lived my life the way I do?
Do you? Can all you do stand in front of the one, who can stand firm in front of you? The one who knows it all? Sometimes this thought scares me. Like a sparrow am I? Just a little more? Do you know how many sparrows die each moment? Could I die knowing it is God's will by still giving him praise? KNowing he is watching me fall and die?

Can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment