Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Psalm 118:14 The Lord is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation.

I miss the Christmas songs. Around here they don't play Christmas songs any more. It is very sad, especially as this is a country that has seen the birth of some of the most famous Christmas songs ever. It is as if they had never been. Maybe they are not politically correct anymore. Maybe many of the strangers living here, me among them, might feel offended. As believers we have become so understanding, that we don't even say anymore what we believe to be true. It is indecent, naughty, rude, nearly obscene to believe in Jesus. And it seems stupid. Hasn't science shown, that there is no God in the heavens above? It hasn't, even though many believe it has. So why is it, that many think Jesus is a bit like Santa or the Easter rabbit? Is it maybe my fault? Is it because I still sing songs to the Lord that are nearly 200 years old? Is it because somehow, on the way through the ages, Christmas has lost its magic even or especially for believers? Between turkey and presents, church and family, has the power of God been forgotten? Have I lost it like a hat or a glove? Is keeping up the tradition for a God, who broke every tradition and died for it, so important? Please, sing a new song to the Lord. A song that is relevant to the world today.

No comments:

Post a Comment