Monday, July 4, 2011

Hopping up and down

I bought a ball. And I have been hopping up and down, sitting in front of my computer. Enjoying it much more than I usually do. For the long hours of sitting there have left marks on my condition. As formerly mentioned I lost slimness, which is I gained so much weight I never thought possible I could.Well, my grandmother on my fathers side was well rounded, I only remember her having been a small child and being awed by it. I try to own it. 

But I decided I needed to do something to at least pretend I am doing something. Cosmetics. Kind of. Hoping there will be some result anyways. Thinking of how often I try the same trick on my way to God. Cover up. Do some cosmetics around some not so desireable reality of my life. Hoping that God sees the effort and supplies enough grace to get through to me. For more than once there is nothing else I know to do. Desperate effort, kind of. 


And then I sit happily on my ball, hopping up and down, feeling great. And thankful. What a wonderful idea. I'll try and make a picture to give you an idea. Silly. Giddy. How small things can make the life bright at times. How a kind smile or a flower or a ray of God's light can change within minutes the outlook on life. I listen to spiritual jazz on accu-radio. It is great and free. And they are playing a lot of the great hymns in a jazzier version. 
My feet are not swollen, my back feels just fine, my ears enjoy the music, God's grace seems to close in on me. I am thankful. Very. God is awesome in encouraging on what might have been another lonely evening. Though - actually I love lonely evenings with lots of time for writing.... anyways... may God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment