Saturday, December 10, 2011

Revelation 20:15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

Our society is based upom names written in books or on sheets of paper or nowadays in computer files. Be it a birth certificat, a pay-check, a letter, alwyas there has to be a name on it, somebody whom it is talking about, somebody whom it is addressed to.
They are important, those papers. Loosing them means loosing part of the identity, part of what I think I am. My name on those papers tells me who I am. On graduation or driving-test, on building a company or going to a party. It is important to have the name that belongs to me written on the right lists. It became popular with many celebrities trying to enter certain parties where they were unknown. Not on the guest list. No way to get in. Not even for a celebrity.
How much more exclusive even though on a different standard will God's list be. Is my name written upon it? Do I live so that my name is in there? That I made it clear? That's the party I want to join? To be greeted at the entry with a merry: "Come in!" "Welcome." 
What books, what papers is my name written upon? Which ones are important? Where is my priority? Where do I want to get in? And you? I want to go to heaven. I know. I want to join God's party. Nothing else will do. Will I meet you there? I'd love to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment