Monday, January 23, 2012

Psalm 112:4 Even in darkness light dawns for the upright.

To whom light is dawning? To the upright. To the one who is compassionate, gracious, righteous. God will be there. If I am on the right side of life. If my longing is for righteousness and compassion and kindness and grace - in me. Too often longing for these qualities in somebody else is a downward spiral. "If only my friend, hubby, girlfriend, mother, son, grandma, pastor, teacher, president.... you name it, would be a little kinder, more compassionate... than I would.... the list is long. Too long. For it if I have to wait for somebody else to go to heaven before I will, I never may. If I am waiting for somebody to make room and go God's way, that may never happen and I am stuck. Often that is, what depression is. Stuck in darkness. But often in my darkness, where I refuse to admit my wrong, ask for forgiveness or confess my wrongs. It may be a hard way in the midst of disastrous situations to stand up and say: I stand on the word of God. But it is the safest way. The brightest way. The way where God's light can shine into darkness. Don't wait. Be compassionate, kind, righteous, gracious. And see if God will not give the light we are craving for.

No comments:

Post a Comment