Thursday, April 5, 2012

1 Cor 13:4 Love is kind.

My heart so often seems to fly on every wind coming by. Have you ever felt that way? Scripture says, love is kind. Am I always? What, if my heart gets blown away, when I seem to loose love like a glove forgot on a park bench? And where is God's kindness to me when I am in pain and need, want or fear? Are they God's kindness to me?
Paul wrote, that being in all kinds of suffering is building a godly character. So is it a grace to be suffering? Paul said too: Give thanks for all things. That is not very easy. Not when I am confused and hurting, when the world seems to run a course I cannot follow. Give thanks for pain and sorrow? Even feeling honored because they are God's kindness to me?
And what about those around me. When someone is really in need and pain, suffering, be it on the outside through torture or hunger or nakedness or be it on the inside through loneliness, depression or abuse. Can i say: Rejoice, this is God's kindness to you? For we know, that God loves at all times. Many have postulated that as a huge problem. Why God allows so much pain.
If now I say, it is even a grace and a kindness, will I laughed at or cut out like Jesus was? Maybe that's the reason why they did put Jesus on the cross. Too strange seems this. Too much is our live circling around well-being in this desolate place of a world. And if that suffering where the road to heaven, could I embrace it as God's kindness to me? Could you? God is love. So we should take all from his loving hand with thanks.
The happy times and the times we feel sorry for ourselves. Maybe that is a big sin. For it would doubt God's eternal love.

No comments:

Post a Comment