Sunday, April 15, 2012

1 Cor. 13:4,7 Love is patient. Love is kind. It bears all, it hopes all, it endures all.

I just moved. It wasn't as much work as I thought it might be and it went quite well. But moving made me feel like a leaf in the wind again. So dependant on a lot of things I have no control over. I am so glad God is in control in the end. Even where adverse winds seem to blow me into directions I dislike. God knows. He allows. All the pain and frustration. The crushed hopes and shattered illusions and lost days. "Like gold needs to be melted in the fire to be pure, so I need this adversity to be purified, refined, cleansed. - To be honest, as honest as I can think right now - I probably desrve much worse for all the times I denied Jesus, like Peter in the courtyard. Scared for my own skin. My success, my populatity, my survival. That white lie, it doesn't hurt, does it? God will understand. Won't he?
He will understand. He knows we can't help it. We are doomed if left to ourselves. But Jesus showed us a ways to come back: Be forgiven and forgive. Both are not always easy to come by. And I still feel blown around by many hostile winds.
I see pictures of tornados, how they kill or destroy or cause much anxiety and trouble. Whether God's wind or not, winds can have quite an impact. To trust God doesn't come easy or naturally. But I can do it. And so can you.

No comments:

Post a Comment