Sunday, August 7, 2011

Isaiah 65:25 The wolf and the lamb will graze together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox.

I have often been gazing at the piranha, wondering whether he enjoys his bloody meals.  Whether he has a choice to survive, if he refused to live on blood. He seemed to look at me saying: "We are not so different, you know. Don't you hide sharp teeth behind a pretty face? Sprinkled with red and gold, aren't you deadly sometimes? Can you survive without slandering and harming somebody else? Some probably innocent creature, who wonders what befell him? Do you have a choice to survive in this world? Can you live on "grass" alone? Can you even wish you could be different?" I stood a long time in front of that basin, before wandering off to more peaceful, elegant or funny creatures. As beautiful and bountiful as God made them. But I didn't forget the piranha. Wondering how I can change. How I can be good. And feel good. For being good feels real good. Promise. God can pull out those sharp teeth. Feels a bit scary, helpless, if you know what I mean.



No comments:

Post a Comment